game is the association of the German games industry. Their members include developers, publishers and many other games industry actors such as esports companies, institutions and service providers. As the co-organiser of gamescom, they are responsible for the world’s biggest event for computer and video games.
game will improve its environmental impact. In particular, game commits itself to:
- Measure its environmental impact in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard (GHG Protocol) on a yearly basis.
- Develop and implement measures that will allow game to reach full climate neutrality in 2021.
- Help members and games businesses understand how they can reduce their impact on the environment. Therefore game will launched a Best Practise Guide which contains information to improving the environmental impact of games business.
- Amplify the visibility of the Alliance’s ongoing work by regularly distributing, written and/or video updates provided by the Alliance to game’s membership and suitable contents also to a broader public audience using game’s own channels.
- Support the Alliance in its efforts to be represented in the annual Conference of the Parties (COP), and, when appropriate, provide opportunities for the Alliance to co-host and/or join public events that game is convening on environmental matters.
- Support, when appropriate, the recruitment of new members of the Alliance by facilitating ad-hoc introductions and provide information to game members which express their interest in joining the Alliance or in taking part in the Alliance’s annual Green Game Jam